Continuum Attractions is passionate about sustainability and we strive to do the right thing for the environment, our communities, our guests and our team. As a tourist attraction operator we recognise that we impact on, and can positively contribute to, achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The goals of particular relevance to our business are as follows:
We’ve been working with the Green Tourism Standard and independent sustainability experts to guide and hone our sustainability approach and are proud to say that all our attractions have achieved at least a Green Tourism Bronze Awards.
Our approach to sustainability is founded on the following core Group principles, which apply to all sites:
- Being an active member of local community – participating in cultural and historical events and attractions, using local producers and supporting local charities with donations in time, money and access to our facilities.
- Providing a supportive, fair and inclusive work environment where individual differences are embraced and team health and wellbeing is paramount. Our wellbeing programme includes an Employee Assistance Programme, mental health first-aiders, the cycle-to-work scheme, the flu jab and discounted gym membership. All team members are paid at least the national living wage.
- Making our attractions accessible to the widest possible range of people as practicable, and offering educational experiences for school children at all our attractions.
- Always protecting the health, safety and data of our guests and team.
- Respecting the environment and seeking to minimise our impact through energy and water efficiency, waste minimisation and recycling, and encouraging low carbon transport to our attractions.
- Avoiding the use of single use plastics where possible and being part of the Refill scheme to encourage and enable the use of refillable water bottles.
- Operating ethically and with integrity. Abiding by the letter and spirit of all relevant legislation, including prohibiting corruption and bribery in all forms, and respecting human rights.
- Being mindful of our supply chain sustainability impacts and implementing a Responsible Sourcing Policy to drive improvements in this area.
- Providing sustainability training for all team members and additional training, education and expert support for relevant roles as necessary.
- Communicating our sustainability approach internally and externally, and proactively seeking feedback on our approach though post-visit customer surveys.
For our attractions, Responsible Procurement Policy follow the links below: